Canarvon

The next couple nights I spent in Canarvon, mostly working and resting. I enjoyed snacking on bags of Canarvon lunchbox bananas, a local type of banana that’s like 3 inches long and grown locally. It’s delicious and sweet and I made lots of yummy snacks out of them after picking them up from a local farm. I stayed in a Caravan park for the first time in a while, and I was blessed with my first real shower in nearly 3 weeks. I took 3 showers a day to make up for my long pack of showers. Let me tell you, pouring a bottle of water over your head, even if you heat it first, just is not the same as a shower. The north has surprisingly little access to showers, unless you stay in caravan parks, but it’s the first place I’ve traveled where I couldn’t find a shower to pay a few dollars for every couple days, let alone free showers. At best there are some outdoor cold beach showers, but you can’t really use soap at those as they drain right into the ocean. I was so happy to be beyond baby wipes and water bottle showers for a few days. It was a highlight for me, if not the most interesting for anyone else reading this. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2: Tokyo; Institute for Nature Study, Meiji Ginju, Shibuya

Maria Island

Hobart, Hartz NP, and Southern NP