Heading to Exmouth

The next day wasn't super exciting, I mostly drove north stopping to wander in a few towns along the way before ending at a rest area for the night where I got some work done and relaxed with the many other road trippers. 

The next day I made it to Coral Bay, a beautiful beach town. The town was absolutely chock-a-block with travelers. The caravan parks were booked solid and it looked like a parking lot they were so close together. The draw of the area was the beautiful reefs though. There are many tours you can take from the town (which I may have to consider going on when I pass back through) but there is also a reef you can snorkel to from the beach. Unfortunately, it is a bit bleached, but there are still a large amount of fish in the area. I saw probably 4-5 species of parrot fish, 2-3 species of angel fish, as well as a bunch of others I couldn't identify. It was really lovely. The weird thing about Coral Bay is there does not seem to be a single Australian in the entire place. In fact, sitting on the beach for a few hours watching a hundred or so people walk by, I only heard one conversation in English, from a group of poms. It seems sto be mostly French and German travelers.After Coral Bay I headed to Exmouth where I will spend the next few days, similarly, very few Aussies in the area.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2: Tokyo; Institute for Nature Study, Meiji Ginju, Shibuya

Maria Island

Hobart, Hartz NP, and Southern NP